Saturday, January 3, 2009

Maregee Holiday Update for 2008

It’s been awhile since I posted and I feel like a real lazy bones! I missed December 08 totally!!!! We’ve had a very busy (for us) 2 months and I am still recuperating!

We had Thanksgiving at our nephew & niece’s house, something new this year. It was really wonderful. Most of the family showed and Ella, my grandbaby, was there too! We showed her off to everyone while eating a wonderful meal! My brother in law was able to come, also. He was being bounced back and forth from hospital to physical rehab, but was well enough to come. By Christmas he was back home so we could do our traditional Christmas get together at my oldest sister’s house. We didn’t do our family grab bag this year; we only bought for the little ones.

We did 95% of our Christmas shopping in one day. I managed to finish crocheting a dress for Ella in time for Christmas. The blanket took me longer and she got that on New Year’s Day. (now I can finish my scarf before winter ends!)

Christmas Eve was fun, but busy! We went to Mallory’s (our future daughter in law) grandmother’s house (our 2nd year of doing this) and had the traditional Italian 7 fishes dinner. It was delicious!! (Trust me; I didn’t cook….we brought wine!) We also had some venison which we rarely get to eat. I don’t know many hunters, even though Pennsylvania is filled with them! After that, about 11 PM we headed off to our friend’s house for snacks and gift opening. Gift opening is always fun!

I worked this New Year’s Eve, so after work I took a quick nap and after I woke up, we headed out to our friend’s again for fondue, poker, and ringing in the New Year! On New Year’s Day I made dinner and Mallory, Ella, and Chrissie (my daughter) came over for dinner. Like I said, we’ve been busy!

Like every year I plan to start my holiday shopping early so I can enjoy the next holiday season! I’ve even started a spreadsheet to keep track of ideas and purchases. This is my only New Year’s resolution since I am bad at keeping any of them!!! Hope everyone had a great Christmas and New Year. God Bless Us Everyone!!!

PS: Our living room on Christmas Eve with Ella's stocking hung by the chimney with care!

3 comments:

Dava said...

Good to see you posting again, Mare! I'm so glad you had such a nice Christmas. I hope you and your family have a safe and prosperous New Year! Hug that grandbaby for me. :-)
--Cricket

margee said...

Thanks!!!! Hope you had a great Christmas & New Year and that you have the best ever in '09! And I'll hug our Ella ten times over for everyone! *LOL*

Para Handy said...

I notice ye didnae mention ma "SPORRAN" once.