Sunday, March 22, 2009







Another nice Sunday!!!

Today I was sitting on the front porch in the sunshine. I tried the back porch but it was in the shade and the breeze was still too cool and made the backyard too chilly. Some idiot was riding his quad up and down the street earlier, so I put on police scanner to see how fast someone called. No one did. Very disappointing! If he’d kept it up, I would have called.

No fishing license yet (for those who are keeping tabs). Maybe Vito will get it tomorrow while I am at work. (crossing fingers)

Nothing much happening, here. Saw the squirrel again yesterday…or maybe it was a different one. Who can tell? Besides other squirrels I mean. Doesn’t matter what squirrel I am seeing, its name is Rocky! Our kitten, Nobby, has discovered the hermit crabs. I knew he would…he’s smart and curious. Now I have to keep my office door shut unless I am up here. He caved in the screen covering them yesterday. I was terrified he got one of them, but I don’t think he did. (I don’t always have both of them on the surface where I can see them) I have a constant nightmare that he is going to lunch on them one day.

We got to babysit Ella today for a few hours. Our first time babysitting. Mallory is gaining confidence in us! *LOL* We took her for a walk in the stroller Vito got her. (see above) It was wonderful and now I have a way to get Vito & me out to exercise!! Ella was getting a bit fussy, so we headed for home. On the way back, one of our neighbors called over to us to come by their garage. She came out with a jogging stroller (I think that’s what it’s called). She said we could have it, as her kids are now too big for it. I thought that was really nice. We joked with her about how cool is our neighborhood when you take a leisurely stroll and end up with a free gift!! Vito took fussy Ella back while we talked for a bit. When I got back to the house, Ella was still fussing. The funny thing is she stopped when she saw & heard me. Vito started whining, but I told him it was the “female mommy” voice she was responding too. (HAD to tell him SOMETHING!) So I changed Ella’s stinky diaper (Ella smella!) and told Vito “guess why she was fussing!” and tapping my foot while I said it. Then Ella and I played on the floor til Brian and Mallory came back. Now that I’m over my first babysitting experience with my grandbaby (hey, it’s been 25 years!) I feel more confident for next time.

I made a pot roast yesterday and stuck it in the fridge, so all I had to do was heat it up today. It came out pretty good. I can make a few things well!! I made chili last Wednesday when the kids came over for dinner. That came out ok too. Two hits in a week! WOW! *LOL*

We are supposed to get a glider off of Bill’s parents. They bought a porch swing and no longer have room for it. So I guess I’ll probably be spending more time out front this year.

Well, gotta go and upload this before Desperate Housewives comes on and my laundry is calling. Til next time!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm soooooo jealous of your grandma duties...She's such a little cutie!

margee said...

She's my baby girl!! I love the granny gig. It's like rent-a-baby! *LOL*