Sunday, May 17, 2009


Another Sunday!!! It’s a bit chilly today so I spent most of it indoors. I watched an Ellen Degeneres HBO comedy I recorded called “Here and Now”. I think she is hysterical. I also practiced, off & on, on my piano, crocheted a bit, and checked in on twitter. I’m new to twitter and still trying to figure it out. I have 2 people following me. How exciting! *LOL*

We went out with Brian, Mallory, & Ella to look at houses. They want their own place. The first house wasn’t too great. I got stuck in the attic because of the tiny stairs and no railing. I hung on to Vito to get down. Also, the floor had a definite slant to it. It sat on one of Pittsburgh’s really steep hills so it didn’t feel at all safe. The 2nd house was much, much, much better! Hardwood floors, nice closet space, plenty of outlets, finished basement. It’s a 3 bedroom, 2 ½ bath duplex (I actually call a side by side duplex a double. To me duplexes are top and bottom….1st floor one house, 2nd floor another. Don’t know if that’s right or not, but that’s how my head works!) in the Ingram area. Much nicer area to live in. The only thing I, Grandma, didn’t like was the busy street out front. I worry!

We have another active bird nest on our porch. Vito found an old bird’s nest on our swing and moved it to the left corner post on our porch. Yesterday we discovered a robin sitting in it. Hopefully I will be able to take some photos or videos of the babies when they hatch. Mallory and Ella came over to visit yesterday. I just love having Ella over! We played, I showed her some signs (Much easier when she can sit up on her own and watch me) I got to feed her and let her play my keyboard. I’m going to be such a pushover with her! Vito already is.

I finished Childhood’s End. Really good book, not what I thought it was going to be at all. Now I’m reading a Fern Michael book I had laying around the house, Kentucky Sunrise. It’s 3rd in a series, but I probably won’t go hunting the 1st two. I’m also still reading Crime Scene: Inside the World of the real CSIs by Connie Fletcher. Really interesting. She has another one called What Cops Know that I want to read when I’m done with this one.

Vito sold his industrial size espresso machine (see picture) today. He got a buyer from Craig’s List. Now we have vacation money for Ocean City, NJ!!! YAY!!!

I really don’t want to go to work tomorrow, but we have to pay the bills! At least next weekend (I think) is our 3 day weekend for Memorial Day. I might add Tuesday off so I’ll have 4 whole days. Maybe we can go visit my sister Josie in Atlantic, PA. Not sure, though, since I hate traveling on holiday weekends.

Well, gotta go and check twitter and practice some more on the keyboard. I’m taping Desperate Housewives tonight. I come upstairs and surf the net at 10 on the nights when I have to get up for work. Then I read a bit and hit the hay.

Take care and Ciao for Now!!! : )

No comments: