Saturday, May 23, 2009

Nobby gets Neutered


Another quick update from the Natali household. We are going to my nephew’s house for a barbecue when Vito gets off work at 4. We have to stop and get pop, chips, and pretzels. We always do things at the last minute!! 2 of my sisters & their husbands and Chrissie and Bill will be there also. Brian is working and Mallory and Ella are at her aunt’s house so they won’t be coming today. I wanted to show off my grandbaby!!!!!

On the 14th we took an unsuspecting Nobby to the vet to be neutered. Yes, Nobby has lost his Nobs.! (Chrissie just came in and Nobby is following her around….he thinks he’s a dog) Anyhoo…when we picked him up later that day the volunteer gave us the normal post op advise and said that he would probably still be under the effects of the anesthesia. She figured he’d be slow and lethargic for a while and would sleep a lot. Knowing my cat I doubted that. And I was right. He did have trouble getting out of the cat carrier at first, but took off from there with no problem. Getting on the bookcase eating the memorial flowers from the wedding (yes, they are still there), hiding under the blanket on the couch attacking us, etc.

Nobby is obsessed with our tub and the faucet. He seems to be trying to figure out how the water comes out. Every morning when I get up and run my tub he comes flying into the bathroom with me. He jumps up on the toilet and puts his forepaws on the edge of the tub by the faucet. When I lean over to turn it on he looks up into my face and puts his paw in the air, as if he’s saying THANK YOU!! THANK YOU!!!! It’s really disgustingly cute.

One of our baby birds fell out of the nest the other day, landing on our porch. The mama bird was still feeding it and we should have just gotten a towel for him to have a warm nest and left them to it. But we tried to catch it and put it back. He flopped into our glider cover and it took us awhile to find him in the folds. When we did, he flopped/flew under our glider. We decided to wait until he came back out and try again. When we came back out he was gone. Still haven’t found him. Now I feel bad!!! We should have just let him alone.

Today, when Vito came home for lunch, he found two baby grackles drowned in our pond and one trying to get a drink. What is it with birds around here? *LOL*
Not very bright I guess.

I’m thinking of compiling different clips of Pittsburgh for You Tube. One theme will be our city steps and paper streets (paper streets are city steps that show up on maps as actual streets. Lots of visitors aren’t happy when they find out that Litchfield Street is a pair of city steps in the Sheraden section of the Burgh!) Another one may be entitled “Odd Pittsburgh” (Do NOT comment! *LOL*) and/or Odd Pittsburgh houses.

Well, have to go and get ready to head out to Zelienople for the barbecue! Take care. Will post again soon I hope!!

No comments: