Sunday, May 10, 2009




Wow!!! I didn’t realize how long it’s been since I posted here!!! I missed April altogether!!!! I REALLY have to put my mind to this!

Had a beautiful day today. A little cool, but not bad. Sat on our “new” glider out front and watched a little bird drama going on. We have canvas awnings on our front porch that I won’t allow to be let down because we have several bird families that nest there. Yes, the awnings are getting ruined but I just can’t kill baby birds!!! One nest, the far left front one, has babies. I can hear them chirping. Today I watched what I thought was the mama bird clinging to my porch swing getting ready to enter the nest. (Most of the nest is hidden in the awning’s folds, so we can’t see the babies) Sure enough, she flew to the edge of the opening in the folds but out of nowhere another female came flying at her and attacked. The first bird was NOT the mama!!! NOT THE MAMA….sorry, flashback to old tv show. I know nothing about birds so I don’t know if the intruding female wanted to kill the babies, adopt the babies, or simply take over the nest. There were two males flying around, also. I know one was the papa because he chased a poor innocent robin (who had no clue) away. I don’t even know what type of bird it was. I think some sort of finch, maybe? The only songbirds I know by sight are robins, cardinals, and blue jays. Anything else to me is guesswork.

My lilacs are on the way out and my azaleas are in full bloom. I love lilacs, but they don’t last long. I’ll feed the dying ones to my hermit crabs. I’ve already picked dandelions for them.

Vito is having severe pain in his right shoulder. Possible rotator cuff (though the doctor isn’t really sure at this point) or a pinched nerve. I hope they fix him soon. He is in a lot of pain.

We got to babysit Ella again a few weeks ago. I love it!!! She isn’t crawling yet, but I think in the next week or two at most she’ll be flying around. She will be 6 months tomorrow, the 11th. She is awesome.

The kids and Vito got me an 88 key keyboard for Mother’s Day. Well, Mother’s Day & birthday combined. I am still, slowly, trying to learn to play with both hands. SLOW process!!! I just finished reading the 2nd book in the Twilight series, New Moon, and cannot wait to start the 3rd. Right now I am reading Arthur C. Clarke’s Childhood’s End. I have a copy somewhere in the house but can’t find it, so I had Vito get one from the library. I have become a Fringe freak and noticed it prominently displayed on a book shelf in last weeks episode. Always wanted to read it so I took it as a sign!!

I’m boiling potatoes for tomorrow’s family dinner. Chrissie is cooking, but asked me to make potato salad. We are having chicken…barbecued I think. Well, have to go and check on the taters. Hopefully I will do better in the future posting on my blog!!! Take care and see yinz later!

1 comment:

Cricket said...

*craving potato salad*